DIY Dog Leash by Guest Bloggers Calypso Letters
A few weeks ago our dog Rowdy ripped up yet another leash. Instead of paying $15 at the pet store for a new one, we decided to make one ourselves! All you need are some fabric scraps and a leash clip, which you can find at any hardware store. Happy DIY-ing!
What You'll Need:
-Fabric or clothing (we like mixing prints with solids)
- A leash clip
1. Cut your fabric into six strips that are two inches wide and at least three feet long each. Don't worry about cutting them perfectly.
2. Make a handle by taking three strips of fabric and tying an overhand knot.
3. Braid the first three strips of fabric together, tying tight knots periodically for strength.
4. Incorporate the next set of strips by tying them in with a knot. Braid the fabric all the way to the end, leaving only about two inches of fabric unbraided.
5. Tie the leash clip on with a triple knot.
6. Clip it on to your dog's collar and you're good to go!
We'll post another DIY right here this week, so be sure to check back. For more of our DIYs, check out our blog: Calypso Letters.
XO- Esther and Johnie